Honor 6X vs Moto G4: Budget Phone Speed Test
In this budget phone speed test, we’ve pit two giants of the affordable phone market against each other in a battle of speed. On one side we have one of our favourite phones from 2016, the Moto G4. On the other side, one of the first announced phones of 2017, the Honor 6X.
The Moto G4 is running Android 6 but for some users you can download Android 7. Once we have access to downloading 7 we’ll definitely give the phone another go in our tests if you guys ask for it!
Rendering video, exporting edited photos, loading levels, we’ve scrapped Wi-Fi and GPS apps in favour of apps that use pure power.
There are 8 different apps to take on…
1. FLAC music player – the phone must load a FLAC file then play and pause the track
2. Boot up Asphalt 8
3. Boot up Fruit Ninja
4. Boot up N.O.V.A 3 then load the first level
5. Export a pre-made project in Adobe Premiere Clip – @1080p and with several filters
6. Export a photo in Snapseed with pre-made filters
7. Open up a 3D project in 3DC.io and create 20 complicated shapes
8. Take a photo with the camera
– Each phone has to complete two laps and reload games that haven’t held their save.
– Each phone is tested after being reset and all background apps have been removed
– Wi-Fi and other connectivity options turned off
Got any other budget phones you want us to test out? Let us know we’ll look into all suggestions and potential apps that you send our way.